It's peach season! My local Whole Foods and farmers' markets are bursting with fresh peaches. While fresh, sliced peaches are a delicious treat, who doesn't love a homemade peach cobbler? Even better - an easy peach cobbler! This allergy-free version requires very few ingredients or work and can be whipped up for your family or guests in no time.
The first step in making this cobbler is to get the peaches peeled and sliced. I think this is done most easily with a sharp paring knife. I like to make the slices pretty thin and uniform. I tossed them in a bowl with a little bit of lemon juice.
The next step is to make the crumb topping. Simply put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together with a pastry blender until it looks like the picture below. If you don't have a pastry blender you can use a fork, but it just takes a little longer:
I happen to like my crumb topping evenly distributed in my cobbler rather than just sitting on top. To achieve this, I layered half of the peaches in the bottom of the baking dish and covered it with half of the crumb topping. I used an 8x10 baking dish simply because it looks better in pictures, but a 9x9 square pan would work as well.
I then repeated the layering process one more time:
After baking for 30-35 minutes, the cobbler is ready to serve. It's delicious by itself or with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Allergy-free Peach Cobbler
- 2 pounds peaches (about 4 large)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 c GF flour mix
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 7 T coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the peaches. Toss them in a bowl with the lemon juice
- Whisk together the flour mix, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Add the coconut oil and mix with a pastry knife until mixture is crumbly.
- Layer half of the peaches in a 9x9-inch baking pan (or equivalent) and top with half of the crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining peaches and crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the peaches are soft and topping is lightly browned. Serve with your favorite allergy-free ice cream for an extra-special treat!
Shared on: GlutenFreeFridays